Top 6 yoga poses for constipation, gas & stomach related problems
Constipation is a common problem with any age group. You also have the option of a medicine to remove constipation. But if you add yoga poses in your daily routine with medication then it will be more beneficial to your constipation problems. There is much research suggesting that yogas are beneficial to constipation problems.
Let's discuss some of the best yoga for constipation and other stomach related problems.
1. Half Spinal Twist
Benefit: This pose improves the internal function of your abdomen and makes them stronger to perform better.
- Sit with your legs straight in front of you.
- Bend the right leg and place the right foot on the ground on the outside of the left leg, ideally near the knee.
- Bend your left leg and position it under or near your buttocks.
- Place your left hand or elbow on or over your right knee, then gradually twist to face over your right shoulder.
- Hold for a few breaths before switching sides.
2. Crescent Lunge Twist
Benefit: A person must be in a lunge stance to perform the Crescent Lunge Twist, which is a standing pose. This pose also includes torso rotation, which may benefit in bowel movement.
- lunge forward, right leg bent, left leg straight.
- Slowly bend the upper body toward the right knee, leading with the left shoulder, and make a prayer stance.
- Return to standing and repeat with the opposite leg after a few breaths.
3. Cobra Pose
Benefit: Cobra Pose is very crucial to relieve gas problems.
- Lie down flat on your stomach, must toes pointed out.
- Place the palms of your hands at the sides of your shoulders on the floor.
- Abdominal and leg muscles should be activated.
- Curl the neck backwards and raise the head slightly.
- Gently raise the shoulders and upper torso by pressing your palms against the floor.
- pause for a few moments with slowly breathing.
- Return to the floor by releasing and lowering the body.
4. Wind-Relieving Pose
Benefit: an aid in the relief of gas caused by constipation.
- Pull your legs up to your chest while lying on your back.
- Put your hands on or around your shins.
- Pull the knees into the chest while tucking the chin in and softly pressing the back onto the floor.
- Hold the posture for a few moments before releasing it.
Benefit: Because it puts pressure on the abdomen, this pose, according to the Yoga Institute, is beneficial for persons who have gas and digestive difficulties. This is a more advanced pose, so proceed with caution and don't push your body too hard.
- Lie down flat on your stomach.
- Knees bending
- Raise your chest off the floor as far as you feel comfortable.
- Try to lift the thighs and upper torso off the floor by applying the tension between the arms and legs.
- Hold for a few seconds before letting go.
Benefit: This will improve your digestive function and make them stronger to perform well with daily practice.
- Begin by sitting on the floor with your knees slightly wider than hip-width apart and your feet curled under you with your big toes touching.
- Lean forward and place your hands in front of you, moving forward until your head touches the mat.
- deep breath and hold for a few seconds.
- And then, return to your position.
Yoga is really effective for getting relief from the problem of constipation, acidity and gas. But remember one thing, before doing yoga, be careful with the poses and warm up and stretch your body before yoga. Morning is the best time for yoga. Daily practice of yoga will actually be very
beneficial for stomach related problems. Daily yoga will improve the internal working of the body.