Know The Top 5 Ways To Boost Your Immune System
With a busy lifestyle, we often ignore the importance of healthy living which often results in weak immunity. Our immune system works in the background to protect us from disease-causing agents and help us stay healthy with its own set of networks to organs and cells. It might sound mysterious but 70% of our body’s immunity lies in our digestive health. So the first step to boost your immunity starts with healthy digestion.
Step 1- Boost Digestion
The inner lining of the intestine has some cells and antibodies that recognise and fight harmful bacterias. Due to a fast-moving lifestyle, digestive issues are common that leads to weak immune response.
Improve your digestive health with a simple lifestyle as follows
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat with a relaxed mind.
- Don’t eat more than hunger.
- Keep outside food occasional.
- Add a good amount of fiber.
- Eat colourful fruits & vegetables.
- Avoid water in between meals.
Step 2- Nutrition Check
Vitamins like Vitamin A, Vitamin B9, Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Vitamin E with other minerals like iron, selenium and zinc are some of the essential immunity nutrients that our body need on a routine basis to strengthen our immune system.
To improve our nutrition level we need to establish the right balance of these nutrients in our body that can be achieved by
- Adding green leafy vegetables to our meal.
- Adding fortified cereals like muesli and oats.
- Adding citrus fruits and vegetables to the diet.
- Adding milk products and mushrooms to the diet.
- Adding nuts and dry fruits to your diet.
- Adding seafood, poultry and cottage cheese to the diet.
Due to a sedentary lifestyle, it is often difficult to plan your meal with the right food that is rich in essential nutrients and easy to access. You can talk to a vigyanveda expert to plan your customised meal for better nutrition.
Step 3- Exercise
Sitting for long intervals is not only good for your stomach but it is also not good for your immune system. It is important to engage yourself in some kind of exercise be it a cardio workout, walking, jogging, yoga or anything that keeps you moving because it helps to improve the circulation of blood and the travelling of lymphatic fluid in the cells and tissues to remove disease-causing agents.
You can try the following exercise routine for your everyday health
- Take stairs instead of lifts or accelerators.
- Keep your water bottle a few steps away from your access, so that you can always walk for it when thirsty.
- Do stretches in the morning or at the working desk.
- Park your vehicle near the entrance of parking and walk more.
- Give at least 20 minutes in the morning for complete body exercise.
- Use step counting apps/gadgets to feel motivated to reach your goals.
Step 4- Sleep Well
If you want to boost your immune system, your bedtime plays an important role in supporting your immune system. Geeting sufficient good-quality sleep leads to both innate and adaptive immunity. According to research, sleep helps to improve the memory of your immune system which helps the immune system to combat the previously encountered infections or viruses better.
You can do the following to improve the quality of your sleep
- Try to get daily sunlight or expose yourself to artificial bright light for better sleep.
- Reduce your exposure to blue lights that are emitted from smartphones and computers.
- Reduce your intake of caffeine especially in the late afternoon or evening.
- Involve in a regular sleep/wake cycle, try to sleep and wake up at a similar time every day.
- Create the right bedroom environment by eliminating external light and noise for better sleep.
- Avoid eating heavy meals just before bed because it can disturb your sleep and hormone.
- Try having a hot bath or meditation before bed to enhance sleep.
Step 5- Stay happy
Research has shown that staying happy may boost your immune system. Staying happy reduces stress which is responsible for high levels of the hormone cortisol that leads to various health issues. Also, it may help reduce the risk of developing colds and chest infections.
It is observed in research that a person with high positive emotion develops a high antibody response to the vaccine.
You can try the following to stay happy in your everyday life
- Try to practice meditation in the morning to keep your mind relaxed which allows you to find happiness in small things.
- Try to spend time with your loved ones and people you enjoy your time with.
- Engage yourself in hobbies that keep you happy in your free time and at weekends.
- Listen to your favourite music whenever your want or as you like.
- If you have some issues talk to someone you trust or get expert consultation in serious cases.
Although happiness is not directly proportional to curing symptoms, it may work at the cellular level to protect health in numerous ways.
I hope you liked what I have shared today. These are a few simple steps that you can do to give a helping hand to your immune system. In case, you are facing any problems related to your immune system, you can consult with our Immunity care expert to get your customised immunity solution. Our consultation is free of cost and our are approved by the government.